Wedding Bells: Amelia's Wedding//I am the Luckiest

Monday, March 31, 2014

So if you've read June's latest post then you probably know that I got married this past weekend!  I wanted to share a quick behind the scenes with y'all until my official pictures are finished!  Although, our reception was on March 29 we actually got married on March 28.

Just my luck it rained on my wedding day, but luckily the courthouse steps had an overhang so we didn't get drenched.  After the ceremony Michael, Collin, June and me went to my favourite candy store to celebrate the best way we know how!


Friday night the original plan was to go to sleep at 11 p.m....but instead we stayed up until 3:30 a.m. and woke up at 6 a.m.  Needless to say we were exhausted!  It was originally supposed to rain all day, but luckily for us it didn't!  It was honestly all I wished for and I was so ecstatic that it happened that way.  There were a few things that didn't quite go as planned, but for now we are only going to talk about the positives!  I'm preparing for my New Orleans honeymoon and I plan on writing a final wedding post, but until then enjoy some behind the scene sneak peaks!!


My invitations were Proclamations based around Umbridge.  Even though she is an EVIL character it allowed for us to have super kitschy cute invitations. 

Instead of having a guest book my best friend Tylre painted Michael and I flying the Ford Anglia to our honeymoon!  I'm going to frame it, because I knew I would never open a guest book again. 

Our court house wedding was everything I wanted it to be.  It was casual, but still dressy and most of my favourite people were there to watch.  It was so surreal and March 28 will now be my favourite day. 

Sorry for not posting too many pictures, but I'm busy living the best days of my life!  I love you all, and I can't wait to share more of my life with y'all!

10 comments:

  1. Oh my god...i LOVE the flowers made out of pages from Harry Potter. That's amazing! Congrats to you and your husband! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! Harry Potter details? How fun!


    Best Wishes on your wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! You are both absolutely adorable ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the dresses you wore!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect wedding! My husband and I had a low key wedding too and it was just the best! You both look amazing send can't wait to see more! Have a wonderful honeymoon newly weds! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look so lovely! (As if you don't always!) Congratulations! A Harry Potter wedding is just such an amazing idea. So jealous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm elated for you both, happiest congratulations again!!! Thank you for sharing these great wedding snaps with us. Your dress and flowers were breathtaking!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  8. wardrobe experienceApril 1, 2014 at 3:15 PM

    congratulations to you both! what a beuatiful bride! the pictures look great!
    have fun on your trip! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. the little touches on this wedding are PERFECTION! I have seen those book page flowers go awry so many times in the blogosphere and on pinterest but those turned out AWESOME!

    www.thatgirlinthewheelchair.com

    ReplyDelete