Friday Favorites meets Wedding Bells #8

Friday, March 28, 2014

Any lady who has gotten married or is planning a wedding (or even attended a prom / ball / formal gathering) knows that finding amazing shoes is almost as important as finding "the perfect dress" ESPECIALLY if your dress is tea length!  I've been p-o-u-r-i-n-g over websites trying to find amazing + fun shoes, so I'm merging this week's Friday Favorites with our little Wedding Bells series (my last wedding post was about my dress and can be seen here).  I would LOVE some reader input, because I can't decide; so, here are some options I've been considering recently!

I'll be the first to admit that I'm a bit picky so you'll notice that most of the shoes are by B.A.I.T. Footwear, Miss L Fire or Vivienne Westwood, but I snuck a few other options in there!  I want to stick with something that's retro and/or 50s inspired but that's also fun and perhaps a bit... loud.


        1. Cinderella by Miss L Fire in Clear
        2.  Vee Eight by Miss L Fire
        3.  Cherry Lady Dragon by Vivienne Westwood in Blush
        4.  Cherry Lady Dragon by Vivienne Westwood in Pearl
        5. Hansel Heels by B.A.I.T. Footwear in Yellow
        6. Rockerfeller by Miss L Fire in Yellow
        7. Prickly Pear Pump by Poetic License in Harvest Pumpkin
        8. Handmade Flower Shoe Clips by Chloe and Maddie
        9. Bette Heel by Miss L Fire in Yellow

My Favorites

1. Cinderella by Miss L Fire in Clear: I loved these the moment I saw their release this season! While my Disney spirit princess is Snow White, I sure wouldn't mind feeling like Cinderella!  On the other end of the spectrum, I have no idea why, but clear shoes make me think of high school proms.

3. Cherry Lady Dragon by Vivienne Westwood in Blush:  These were the shoes I bought when I got my first (nightmare) dress from Etsy, but I'm not so sure if I'll love them with my new dress.  I've also seen lots of photos floating 'round Tumblr of ladies getting married in them and am thinking I might want to try something different.  Then again, maybe not, because they're pretty darn cute.

5. Hansel Heels by B.A.I.T. Footwear in Yellow: I usually stick to Ida's, but I feel like taking the step up to the Hansel's, which have a higher heel, might be just the thing for my dressy-but-casual wedding.  These also happen to be the one shoe on this list that I 100% know will be comfortable and blister-free at the end of the night.

6. Rockerfeller by Miss L Fire in Yellow: Not only are these embellished with fruit but the vinyl is actually glittered like a vintage glitter lucite brooch! This might not-so-secretly be my first choice right now, but I wish they were a little more colorful, which is my only drawback and the reason why I haven't purchased them yet.

What do you ladies think, which are your favorites?
Additional recommendations?
Anglomania Lady Dragon IV
Anglomania Lady Dragon IV
Anglomania Lady Dragon IV

23 comments:

  1. My top picks in order would be 4, 1, and then 2. I love the Cinderella idea, but the cherry shoes in white give that extra bit of fun and retro goodness while still not distracting from the dress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so on board with the Rockefellers! They are amazing. And I love(!) BAIT as much as the next gal and I really want a pair of Hansels myself but to me they have more everyday wear feel. 4 and 8 are also super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite is number 4. it is so cute! ;)

    Irene Wibowo

    ReplyDelete
  4. My absolute favorites' are the Vivienne Westwood's in either color <3
    Where did you find them?? I know that you had posted that you had a hard time finding them. I did come across ioffer.com, but was hesitant to buy them from there as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. #4 is actually my favorite, but I really love the shoe clips too. I wonder if you could have custom shoe clips made or something for your colors, or to include peaches or something that you'd want. These are all really gorgeous choices, though!


    xox Sammi

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1&3, but I also have that high school prom feel about clear shoes. Somehow..these look cuter but I guess you'd have test them out and see what they look like on your feet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 5 or 6 for sure! They're the cutest shoes on the list <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. There's just so many cute shoes here! I personally really love #1 and #9, but honestly you can't really go wrong with any of these.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my word, one of each, pretty, pretty please! :) (Curse my hard to fit feet and the fact they usually scare me away from ordering online, having been too many times on that front. Guess I'll just have to daydream about these babies!)

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the list. It will be helpful in my daughter's wedding. I have already got the wedding dress's source which is http://www.rageboutique.co.uk/ and now I got the shoes list.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hmm I totally agree, but my dress is slightly subdued, so I think I actually WANT crazy shoes. Such a tough decision!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so torn between the Rockefellers and the Coral Cherry shoes! Or just throwing all of the above out the window and getting some crazy shoe clips made by an awesome lady I know from IG! I wish someone could decide for me! haha

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love them as well, hmm, now to find a pair! haha

    ReplyDelete
  14. I got SUPER lucky and found a UK seller on eBay selling a pair in my size and begged her to ship to the US. I've heard HORRIBLE things about ioffer, so I'll definitely continue to lurk both US and UK eBays! haha

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sadly, I own #3, I'd have to hunt down #4, UGH! haha. I think I might have custom ones made by Lady Rowe (I don't know if you've heard of her but I follow her on IG) after I read your comment mentioning it I was like WHAT AN AMAZING IDEA!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I already own 3, but I don't have a way to get my hands on a pair of 1's without paying for them, trying on and potentially having to return them. Nashville needs a store that carried Miss L Fire! haha

    ReplyDelete
  17. I actually bought 5 last week! I love 6 though, you're right, they're out of my price range unless I decide on them for the wedding, such a tough decision!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Aww well thank you, you're probably right, since I love all of these, I don't think I could make a wrong decision, I may go in a totally different direction, who knows! I wish I could try #1 on without having to purchase a pair first!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have small, very square feet. haha. I often have to size up a half size because my feet are oddly shaped. I'm nervous about trying on my first pair of Miss L Fire's because they're so expensive, but no one in Nashville carries them so I'll have to buy a pair to ever be able to try them on! Decisions!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I can give you more shoe tips if need-be! But I also wrote a post about dresses if you ever need additional sources for dress shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I Love 6 and 8!! I wore vintage lucite cinderella show that were red with bows, but they were too narrow. I had blisters that took 3 months to heal. So my advice is try to find shoes that are comfortable and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Well thank you so much for your favor :)

    ReplyDelete