Amelia's Home Sweet Home

Monday, March 3, 2014

So by now I'm sure you've seen all about June's home, and I decided it was finally time to give you a little insight into my quaint home!

When Michael and I moved in together neither of us had ever lived outside of our parent's houses so we had to start from scratch! It has been a fun balance finding things that suit my style and Michael's style.

First stop:  Kitchen.  I'm not a great cook, but the kitchen is one of my favourite places in the house for one reason: COFFEE! I love these rainbow mugs, because they're a fun bright thing to see when you need a caffeine.  Ignore the fact that one is missing in the picture...I may be drinking from it right now.  My other favourite mug is my TARDIS mug!  Nothing says wibbley-wobbley like drinking coffee out of the TARDIS mug!




When people see pictures of my house the first thing EVERYONE notices is the brilliant spiral staircase.  This lovely staircase leads from the living room to the bedroom.  It also acts as a death trap when I sleepily head downstairs in the morning.  One too many times I have almost slipped and died on it.  So however cute it is a major pain!

On the other side of my living room is one of the favourite items in the house!  This was technically a present for Michael, but our WWF Superstars Arcade Game is definitely super fun and good for appearances.  It also combines some of my favourite things: Retro arcade games and wrestling, what could be better?

 The arcade machine fits perfectly next to your fire place that sadly doesn't work.  I've been contemplating putting fake flowers in it for a while and turning it into a cute little wall decorative piece.  I especially love the ornate details that surround the top of it.
I'm sure by this point you've noticed that the house I live in is pretty old so it's nice filling it with modern and vintage furniture alike.  One of my favourite vintage pieces that I own is my vintage record cabinet.  This was a Christmas present from my amazing mother who spoils me way too much.  I think it adds just enough of a vintage feel to the room to counteract the television.  I've also adorned the wall with (warped/$.10 goodwill/ broken) vinyl as a way to represent the vinyl corner of my room.  I've been listening to the latest album by Bayside for the past few weeks, but my growing vinyl collection generally means a different record every week or so.

My living room is a place where I can go to relax, listen to a record and generally enjoy myself alone or with friends.  It's also a place where I can play video games!  It's a diverse living room due to the differences in styling and decoration that Michael and I both have.

Also, this doesn't even show you my life's library, but I think that it deserves a post of its own.  I mean, who doesn't love books?

Finally, I just wanted to give a teaser and sneak peak into my downstairs room, which I appropriately call my wardrobe.  It's a combination of my dresses, purses, random picnic baskets, luggage and of course shoes.  It is not as impressive as June's, but it is definitely my happy spot, and maybe if you click your heels together enough I'll show you a little bit deeper into it.

My living room is my favourite room, because it's cozy and fun!  What is your favourite room in your house and why? 

14 comments:

  1. I was thinking of moving into a place with a spiral staircase but then I decided moving the furniture up the stairs would be way to much effort ;)
    Don't think I could pick a favourite room considering my apartment only has 2 and a bathroom, but I would say the bedroom because my bed it super comfy haha.

    ~ K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it was horrible! I had to pull the mattress while Michael pushed it up! My nightmare! haha hahah That's a good reason to pick a favourite room! haha

      xoxo
      Amelia

      Delete
  2. I'm with K on the tiny apartment not offering a chance for a favorite room lol. I love the way you used old vinyls as a decoration and the old arcade game is just too awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha I completely understand that! We used to have a room mate so I was in the kitchen or my bedroom. NO bueno! haha

      Thank you so much! I couldn't imagine getting rid of them so they just made perfect sense for decorations.

      xoxo
      Amelia

      Delete
  3. Any room you are in is my favorite room

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Come home to me sissy! Maybe if you wait outside a mad man with a box will bring you to me <3

      Delete
  4. I may be just a bit nosy, so this is me clicking my heels together *click, click* to see your wardrobe room :) I've only recently put one together myself, and I'm going to say it has become my favorite room to be in!
    Sammi
    http://sammirambles2012.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're too cute! I'll most likely create one in the near future!

      xoxo
      Amelia

      Delete
  5. Your spiral staircase is gorgeous! Not sure how I'd cope walking up and down it every day- I have such a bad track record with stairs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh its a death trap! I seriously almost fall every day. haha

      xoxo
      Amelia

      Delete
  6. I love your Pad girl!!! I could see how those stairs would be a problem but it is a gorgeous staircase non the less. I hope to get a record player soon too so I can have my own little corner for it. Thanks for sharing your awesome place with us! Great post.
    xoxo
    Taylor
    http://www.nothingbutapigeon.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very fun house tour! It's always feel like you're being let in on a special secret when a fellow blogger welcomes you into their abode like this. My favourite room in our house, hands down, is my craft from in the basement. It's the only room that's "just mine" (not that I dislike sharing of course, but a gal does need her space and privacy sometimes) and that the pets haven't had their way with to at least some degree. Lol! :)

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  8. Is Amelia's dress "Hell Bunny" Melanie dress (if you know?) I really really want to get the same one, but I couldn't choose a colour, but I LOVE that green colour!

    ReplyDelete