Wedding Bells: Accio Wedding

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

The last 'Wedding Bells' post that I made featured my Very Potter Proposal.  Since then many of you have expressed your interest in wedding planning, and how I'm incorporating my Harry Potter theme into the wedding.  Also, I know the summoning spell, Accio, doesn't quite work like that, but oh I wish my wedding was here already!

First, I'll sadly admit, that I am queen of procrastination.  Someone make me a crown it's seriously a tragic character trait. That being said, I reached my personal deadline of sending out my wedding reception invitations 8 weeks before the reception.  I say wedding reception, because we are getting married at the court house, and celebrating with a reception.
The second sign that I'm having a Harry Potter wedding is my invitations (the first sign was my Harry Potter engagement pictures).  I can't spoil what my actual invitations look like, but they are Harry Potter themed, and lucky for me, I was able to use the limited edition Harry Potter stamps!  These stamps really made a statement, and it was so fun picking out which stamp to give certain friends! It was difficult to pick which stamp to give Miss June simply because so many of the characters remind me of her!

So, now that my invitations are sent out my main focus is making sure it is well themed, but still super classy. One way I plan on doing that is by incorporating paper flowers with real flowers.  I've been making these paper flowers out of Harry Potter book pages, and it is a super tedious craft!  But I love the look and added touch of having Jo Rowling's words in my bouquet.

Another way that I'm representing my theme is by having a Honeydukes stand!  If you can't get married in Hogsmeade you might as well bring parts of Hogsmeade to you! So having a candy bar/station at a wedding isn't a new idea, but I'm doing a spin on it and having it represent Honeydukes!  Included are Honeydukes bags, colorful candy (including lemon drops), a Honeydukes sign, hand made chocolate frogs and perhaps some wizarding cards with Michael and my faces on them!

Overall, I have had a fun time thinking of subtle ways to incorporate Harry Potter into my decor, my cake/desserts, pictures and even my guest book!  I don't want to spoil any of the major decorations, but in just 8 weeks you can see my Harry Potter wedding come to life!

What would your dream wedding be like? 

15 comments:

  1. It's OK to comment on your own blog, right?! Because I have been obsessively checking my mail, eagerly awaiting my invitation! THIS IS SO EXCITING!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh! I hope it gets to you ASAP! I'm so excited for you to have it. <3

      Delete
  2. I'm really excited to see more of your wedding! I was planning a Harry Potter wedding, but my husband isn't an avid fan like I am, haha! I'm definitely a new follower!

    - Kerri
    http://kerriwaller.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kerri! I definitely lucked out, because Michael loves Harry Potter as much as I do!

      xoxo
      Amelia

      Delete
  3. So much FUN!! I've been to a couple of weddings with candy tables and loved them! I hope you'll be sharing many more details about your wedding!

    My wedding was in the depth of winter and we were married in a beautiful octagonal room with two walls of windows at 9:30 a.m. After having yummy, yummy brunch we went outside to have a skating reception complete with hot chocolate and mini pastries :) One of the best days ever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just love candy too much to not include one! I'll definitely be sharing more details as it comes together!

      That sounds absolutely beautiful! I love Winter weddings, and I feel like so few people have them.

      xoxo
      Amelia

      Delete
    2. This seriously sounds like the most amazing wedding ever! Skating + brunch!? How unique, I NEVER would've thought of that! I bet is was lovely! Do you have photos?! I would LOVE to see some!

      Delete
  4. A Honeydukes stand!! Can I come to your wedding?? haha
    It sounds dreamy!! You must be having so much fun with the planning!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG! I seriously so excited to see all your wedding planning come together! The Harry Potter paper roses are the cutest and such a unique way of making them :) I wish i could get married all over again!

    Lulu xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to see pictures of your dress!! I'm also excited to see how the keys turned out! (I also just bought those stamps today!) :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like the wedding will be incredible! Can't wait to see more. I really like the idea of having a masquerade ball themed wedding. I think getting pictures of everyone together in elaborate masks would be really fun.
    I hope the preparations continue to go well and that you guys have an absolutely awesome special day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh goody! As a person who attends a lot of weddings (photographer) I love to see when people step out of the box, have some fun, and don't fall victim to the pressure of the cookie cutter syndrome! I can't wait to see the decorations, and good idea on the paper flowers! I used some real/vintage millinery in ours and it saved some serious money. I am sure it is going to be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. my wedding included everything we love- so that meant many cat references, star wars references, video game and zombie references. we had a small wedding (I think 26 people total including us) our vows reflected the above as at the end of my vows I said 'I love you' and my husband said 'I know' we have it on video and got to hear a friend yell out 'Ha ha Andy Solo'd her!' our invites were inviting people to the blood bath of the century- my husband wore a custom made black/mustard yellow star wars bow tie (as did his best man), both had rebel alliance cufflinks (and not the crappy plastic version either!), we also had custom converse made for my husband, his best man while I wore black sequined jack Purcell's and my brides maid wore black sequined all stars. Because it was small and we had an open bar we had a custom drink we made up called 'Looking for Love in Alderaan Places' and made a sign for it. my ever the crafty husband actually made Belgian and White chocolate molded Han Solo's in carbonite, millennium Falcons and R2 units. I find that quirky weddings that reflect both people are the absolute best. our colors (haha because..every bride has colors I guess) were black and a mustard-gold as I come from a family of die-hard Pittsburgh steeler fans (well *I* am the die hard fan now) and it was a super cute way of honoring them without being all NFL! SUPERBOWL! etc :) your wedding will be lovely! enjoy the day and don't forget to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This seriously sounds like the most amazing wedding ever! . Thank you for that.
    Wedding Flowers

    ReplyDelete