Thursday, February 13, 2014
Sorry for the absence of our Things We Love Thursday posts, they are back by request + popular demand and we're trying out a new format out, woot! Put on your captain hat and grab a mason jar of fruit-garnished, pink lemonade *spike it if you like* I'm sensing a (perhaps vague) theme this week!
1. Have a Confetti To Make Thigh Highs: I expressed my love for thigh highs a while back on this 'Things I Love" post. Corseting makes wearing tights a pain but also, my corsets have garter straps! Even if you don't corset, you can always grab garter belt (like this one by What Katie Did) and rock thigh highs that way! My opinion is, of course, a little jaded, but I think vintage lingerie adds a little sexy to your outfit, even if you're the only one who knows what's under there.
2. Carmen-Inspired Fruit Hair Clips: For every five of you that thinks these fruity-licious hair clips are cheesy and horrible, I'm hoping one of you loves them. Pinup Girl Clothing carried these and a little Fruit Cocktail Hat, but both items went out of stock a while ago. Well, I managed to hunt them down on eBay! Bonus, the adorable lady that sells them is the one that makes them! I totally encourage you to channel your inner 1950s Tiki + Hawaiian side and grab one, even if it's just to wear with your swimsuit!
3. Vintage Dancer Dress at Modcloth: My name is June and I have an addiction.. to dresses with matching belts! Usually this only applies to vintage pieces that happen to have the original belt intact... but this dress is an exception because it's REALLY cute. Is there such a thing as a nautical tea party? Can it be held on a boat? Can we drink tea and eat cucumber sandwiches? Because I'm totally wearing this there!
4. Only a Pastry Pin: I'm a little teapot... BROOCH! This little teapot is a relatively inexpensive brooch carried by Modcloth. I lurk their brooches often as they tend to sell out rather quickly and I was so stoked to find this one! I tend to buy rather.... loud... accent pieces so this neutral colored bit of adorable is a perfect offset for an outfit that already has enough going on.
5. Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children: The Graphic Novel: Amelia just finished this book and I'd finished it a while back, so I almost hyperventilated when I saw that they'd come out with a graphic novel version!!! (Immediate photo texts were sent from Target to Amelia so we could nerd out over it.) For those of you who've read this book, you know that it's an amazing choice to be made into graphic novel form. For those of you who haven't read the book... maybe this version will be what convinces you to read the story of a boy named Jacob. A mysterious island. An abandoned orphanage. A band of peculiar children. And a strange collection of very curious photographs.
6. Pinup Couture Wicker Purse in Pink: I've been eying this bag since the day it was released on Pinup Girl Clothing's website. Pink usually isn't my go-to color for bags or shoes, and this bag actually comes in other colors (black, red and white) but I love how the pink version contrasts with the little fruit charms, it's like carrying around a little bit of tropical all the time. Not to mention, my accessories hardly ever match, so why not pink?!
7. Betty Heels in Coral by BAIT Footwear: BAIT posted these on their Instagram the other day and I fell in love immediately, they might even end up making an appearance at my wedding reception ; ) Peep toes + Bows + Ankle Straps! What more could a girl ask for!? I absolutely love the coral shown above, but they also come in (a very lovely shade of) yellow and black... and they're vegan!