Things We Love #4

Thursday, February 13, 2014


Sorry for the absence of our Things We Love Thursday posts, they are back by request + popular demand and we're trying out a new format out, woot! Put on your captain hat and grab a mason jar of fruit-garnished, pink lemonade *spike it if you like* I'm sensing a (perhaps vague) theme this week!

1. Have a Confetti To Make Thigh Highs: I expressed my love for thigh highs a while back on this 'Things I Love" post.  Corseting makes wearing tights a pain but also, my corsets have garter straps!  Even if you don't corset, you can always grab garter belt (like this one by What Katie Did) and rock thigh highs that way! My opinion is, of course, a little jaded, but I think vintage lingerie adds a little sexy to your outfit, even if you're the only one who knows what's under there.

2.  Carmen-Inspired Fruit Hair Clips: For every five of you that thinks these fruity-licious hair clips are cheesy and horrible, I'm hoping one of you loves them.  Pinup Girl Clothing carried these and a little Fruit Cocktail Hat, but both items went out of stock a while ago. Well, I managed to hunt them down on eBay! Bonus, the adorable lady that sells them is the one that makes them!  I totally encourage you to channel your inner 1950s Tiki + Hawaiian side and grab one, even if it's just to wear with your swimsuit!

3.  Vintage Dancer Dress at Modcloth: My name is June and I have an addiction.. to dresses with matching belts! Usually this only applies to vintage pieces that happen to have the original belt intact... but this dress is an exception because it's REALLY cute.  Is there such a thing as a nautical tea party? Can it be held on a boat? Can we drink tea and eat cucumber sandwiches? Because I'm totally wearing this there!

4.  Only a Pastry Pin: I'm a little teapot... BROOCH! This little  teapot is a relatively inexpensive brooch carried by Modcloth.  I lurk their brooches often as they tend to sell out rather quickly and I was so stoked to find this one!  I tend to buy rather.... loud... accent pieces so this neutral colored bit of adorable is a perfect offset for an outfit that already has enough going on.

5.  Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children: The Graphic Novel: Amelia just finished this book and I'd finished it a while back, so I almost hyperventilated when I saw that they'd come out with a graphic novel version!!!  (Immediate photo texts were sent from Target to Amelia so we could nerd out over it.)  For those of you who've read this book, you know that it's an amazing choice to be made into graphic novel form.  For those of you who haven't read the book... maybe this version will be what convinces you to read the story of a boy named Jacob. A mysterious island. An abandoned orphanage. A band of peculiar children. And a strange collection of very curious photographs.

6.  Pinup Couture Wicker Purse in Pink: I've been eying this bag since the day it was released on Pinup Girl Clothing's website.  Pink usually isn't my go-to color for bags or shoes, and this bag actually comes in other colors (black, red and white) but I love how the pink version contrasts with the little fruit charms, it's like carrying around a little bit of tropical all the time.  Not to mention, my accessories hardly ever match, so why not pink?!

7.  Betty Heels in Coral by BAIT Footwear: BAIT posted these on their Instagram the other day and I fell in love immediately, they might even end up making an appearance at my wedding reception ; )  Peep toes + Bows + Ankle Straps! What more could a girl ask for!? I absolutely love the coral shown above, but they also come in (a very lovely shade of) yellow and black... and they're vegan!

12 comments:

  1. I've also been eyeing those shoes! They are so dreamy! And that dress! LOVE! I have that brooch, and I vote that you buy it. It's the perfect accessory to anything and everything!! :) Their 'Bowling' brooch is also amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're a little pricey for me right now, but I totally see myself owning them soon! I'm probably going to be sneaking that brooch onto my next Modcloth order and I'll definitely check out the Bowling brooch! : ) You can never have too many brooches! haha

      Delete
  2. Oh where to start! I have had that dress on my Modcloth wishlist since it appeared on the website, I love it so much but I order from Modcloth quite sparingly as postage to Australia is a killer! The brooch is absolutely gorgeous as well, I've never really been a brooch person, though I can feel a tingling that says I may become one in the near future lol.
    Great post! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! I bet the international shipping is a little high, I can't blame you! And I wasn't much of a brooch person either for a while, they reminded me of grandmas haha but they grew on my and now they're my go-to accessory. You should buy yourself one and try them out! : )

      Delete
  3. Yup... gotta love B.A.I.T. shoes. I still have yet to buy a pair. I think I may buy a pair of Swedish Hasbeens first... not sure. Love the brooch and the wicker handbag! I want it all! Ha ha.
    xoxo
    Taylor
    http://www.nothingbutapigeon.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As long as you eventually end up with a pair of both! ; ) I want it all too... I have a shopping problem haha I have to restrain myself.

      Delete
  4. Adore so many of these - but particularly that handbag! If only I could justify another one. ;)

    Have you tried any of the BAIT shoes yet? I've been eying them and wondering about longer-term wear & comfort.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine is actually super sad and old, so I need to star saving and buy it because I LOVE it!

      And yes! I wear them almost every day! After a couple wears, they are SUPER comfortable, but as far as long time wear, they are vegan, so I find if I say, trip over something, I do feel like the material gets torn a lot more easily than leather.

      Delete
  5. Ahhhhh! I love that book, and I had no idea it was made into a graphic novel. I'm definitely going to pick it up! Thanks for mentioning it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not a problem, ma'am! I can't wait to read the sequel that recently came out! Both are definitely on my "to buy" list as soon as I can find some pre-loved copies!

      Delete
  6. So many wonderfully covetable lovelies! That darling purse (pink is my all time favourite hue) is calling my name something fierce. I think I may have to put it on my birthday wishlist this year (and yes, tee-hee, I am thinking quite a ways ahead because my b-day isn't for another nearly five months still). Thank you for the love-at-first-sight introduction.

    Tons of hugs & the happiest of Valentine's Day wishes to you both, dear ladies!
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's calling mine as well! I've been resisting the urge to buy it because unless you spend over a certain dollar amount, their shipping can be a little high. My birthday is in May, and I've already been doing the same thing, no shame in that! And glad I could provide a perfect purse blind date! ; )

      Thank you, we both had great ones and we hope yours was amazing as well!

      Delete