Liebster Award Q + A

Monday, February 3, 2014

So over the weekend, we found out that the wonderful + talented + beautiful Shermette nominated us for a Liebster Award and our reaction was: WE'RE NOMINATED FOR SOMETHING?!?!?! Wait, what is that!? So we headed over to Shermy's blog and followed the link to Chronically Vintage who provided us with the perfect explanation!
 
Jessica said that the Liebster Award has been bouncing around the blogging universe for a while now.  Basically, the person who receives it answers a set of questions from the previous recipient (the person who in turn gave it to them) and then creates the same number of questions to be answered by those that they pass it along to. This is done as a way of both getting to know your fellow bloggers better and also letting your readers in on more about yourself, your blogs, and your thoughts on various topics. We can't even begin to express how excited we are to receive this from someone because Junebugs and Georgia Peaches is still so new!  It was less than two months ago when we made our first post... so it's almost a surprise that people know these sweet tea sippin', big dress wearin' quirky bottle red heads exist!!!!   Questions from Shermy:

 
1. What is your favourite non-vintage related hobby?

Amelia: It's honestly probably a toss-up between reading and playing video games!  I studied literature in college, and it has always been one of my first loves.  However, video games (particularly Legend of Zelda games) definitely consume large amounts of my time!

June: I'm going to have to say reading/being a bookworm, when I can pry myself away from legal studies.  Lately, I've found myself listening to audiobooks in the car (yeah, you can call me Grandma June!) trying to find a way to squeeze in my leisure reading! Damnit law school, I want my free time back!


2. Do you plan your blog posts far in advance, or do you post on a whim?
Amelia: I wish I could say that I plan my blog posts far in advance, but as June mentioned, I am quite the procrastinator!  I usually blog on a whim about what I'm doing at the time. I know at times I keep June on the edge of her seat, but I just write better in the moment.

June: Amelia can back me when I saw I get a liiiiittle hoarders-esque on my blog posts! We're on a rotating schedule and know when our "days" are, so I tend to get a tad ahead of myself.  I love this because my lovely Amelia is the opposite and I think we contrast each other nicely, us having different writing and post styles really shows that it's ACTUALLY two people writing this blog!


3. What is your favourite place that you have ever visited?
Amelia: If you have been following me on Instagram then you know my favourite place that I have ever visited is Universal Studios, and specifically The Wizarding World of Harry Potter!  I mean, I got engaged there, and it's just overall the most magic place in the world. 

June: This little southern lady has only left the southeast a handful of times and I loved visiting New York when Collin's old band was recording there, but my complete favorite place is Savannah, Georgia.  So many interesting nooks + crannies to explore and so much history (and the beach) Also, there's a hotel that's retro-themed and gives you moon pies at check-in... I mean.. that's unbeatable!



4. What is your favourite thing about yourself?
Amelia: My favourite thing about myself physically is probably my lips!  I've always loved the shape of them, and I think since they're larger they balance out my small-ish eyes.  My favourite thing about myself in general is my sense of humour.  Not to sound conceited, but I'm hilarious.

June: Umm... I'm going with my height, I love being a little lady!  It bothered me for years but after I got over the fact that people used my head as an armrest, I realized it made me a little more unique.  Also, my eyes are two different colors. Collin loves it, I hate it, but I need to get over it.


5. Do you have any pets? If yes, what are they?
Amelia: I have the most amazing dilute tortoise cat named Princess Beyonce Morgan-Chavous.  She was my Valentines' Day present last year, and I am obsessed with how perfect she is.  

June: I have two amazing feline fur babies whose names are Lady Thackery Binx (Binx) and Dahlia Flower (Dahlia... OK, honestly sometimes we call her Satan because she's a little devil).  I also have a house full of not-so-alive pets, that can be seen here.


6. What is your favourite makeup product?
Amelia:  I know June and I will agree on this, because the Lime Crime Velvetine Lip Gloss in Red Velvet is the absolute best red lipstick ever! It stays put all day, and doesn't dry your lips out...which makes it basically magical.

June: Hands down my Lime Crime Velvetine Lip Gloss in Red Velvet, I start going into panic-mode when the tube is half empty.  Now that I've been introduced, I can't live without it!


7. Are you an early riser, or a night owl?
Amelia:  100% without a doubt a night owl! I am the grumpiest person ever when I have to wake up early..which is every day for work.  I've always been able to stay up til 5 am, but not wake up at 5 am.

June: Oh, I'm most definitely a night owl I can stay up until 4 am any night but this Junebug is so NOT a morning person! I'm basically comatose until I've had a cup of coffee!


8. What is your favourite piece of clothing?
Amelia: My favourite piece of clothing is probably my Hell Bunny sunflower circle skirt.  It embodies some of my favourite things: circle skirts, sunflowers and wearing the colour blue.

June: My favorite piece of clothing is my first Bernie Dexter dress, the Beatrice Dress in Barbeque Print.  I would wear it every day if I could.  But the one piece of clothing I couldn't live without is my Hell Bunny Petticoat that I rave over here.


9. If you could go back in time and attend a party (think Cinderella), whose party would it be?
Amelia: Although it says to think Cinderella my mind instantly went to the Wizarding World.  If I could just attend the Yule Ball...just once I'd be happy.  

June: This is a trick question, isn't it? Just one? I would hop in the TARDIS with the Doctor (11, of course), grab Amelia and we'd attend them all: past, present, future... you name it! Hello, loophole!


10. If you could erase one fashion faux-pas from your teenage years, what would it be?
Amelia: Oh man.  This question brings up the worst decision anyone has ever made ever.  So, when I was 15-16 I thought wearing men's boxers as shorts was really cute.  My favourite pair? Spiderman, of course! They even say "My Spidey-Senses are Tingling" next to the crotch.  So classy. 

June: I wore legwarmers with E-V-E-R-Y-T-H-I-N-G shorts, flip flops, skirts, dreses... you name it!  I'm jokingly STILL occasionally teased about my MySpace persona "$%)*&Its Amanda... Hot Damn!" which has (thank god) been deleted from the internet over time now, but let me share a little tidbit with y'all...


11. Favourite movie?
Amelia: So my favourite types of movies are generally Judd Apatow comedies. That being sad, my favourite movie since I was 9 is Fight Club. I watched it with my brother when he was "babysitting" me, and I have loved it since then.  My other favourite movie is Superbad, because I have the sense of humour of a teenage boy, and I'm in love with Michael Cera.

June: My favorite movie (besides the obvious "Harry Potter" answer) is either Fido (it's basically like Leave it to Beaver meets zombies) or Wristcutters: A Love Story if you haven't seen it, trust me, you want to. Direct hold on my heartstrings, thinking about it makes me want to go watch it right now!

We will now wave our magic wands (because we totally received our Hogwarts letters) and nominate:
Jocelyn / The Fox and Fern
Basic Instructions are to make a post, answer the below questions, link back to the page that nominated you, and in turn nominate 11 more blogs and supply them with a list of 11 questions. We didn't nominate 11 blogs, but that's the general idea.  Think "blogs with under 1,000-ish followings."  Also don't forget to let the bloggers you  nominated know that you did so. You're under no obligation to participate, it is just for fun!  If you don't feel like answering all these, know that we "nominated" you because we want to know more about you and love your blog!

Our questions for your lovely ladies:

1. What is your favourite non-fashion related hobby?
2. If you had a super power, what would it be?
3. What is your favourite place that you have ever visited?
4. What is your favourite thing about yourself?
5. Do you have any pets? If yes, what are they?
6. What is your favourite makeup product?
7. Do you have a hidden talent? What is it?
8. What is your favourite piece of clothing?
9. If you could go back in time and attend a party (think Cinderella), whose party would it be?
10. If you could erase one fashion faux-pas from your teenage years, what would it be?
11. Favourite book or author?

We nominated you ladies because you're awesome at what you do and we're curious to learn more about you!
We can't wait to read your responses! xoxo

10 comments:

  1. Loved reading your answers ladies and "Thank You" SO much for nominating me! After taking a small break away from my blog, its lovely to come back to receiving a Liebster Award!!

    I shall post my answers this week to share the fun! :)

    Much love
    Lulu xx

    https://www.luluslittlewonderland.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought about it after emailing with you yesterday and thought "this could be an awesome chance to try to suck her back into the blogging world!" haha. Well thank you for being awesome : )

      xoxo

      Delete
  2. Oh my gosh!!! You gals are too cute. I love that you added images to accompany the questions! I pretty much love and share all the same interests as both you lovely ladies. Ha! Thanks for nominatimg me. I'll be sure to let you know when I post my answers.
    xoxo
    Taylor
    http://www.nothingbutapigeon.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww well thank you sweet lady! We couldn't help but entertain everyone with really old, embarrassing photos of ourselves! And it's always nice to meet someone with mutual interests, which is why we nominated you, to learn a little more about you! : )

      We seriously can't wait to read your responses!
      xoxo

      Delete
  3. Loved reading your answers!! They were great along with the photos! I really need to check out the Thunderbird Motel, and you guys were great sports and even added photos of the fashion faux pas!

    One more thing, I really thought I was the only one that had seen Fido.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well we loved being nominated! It was a really fun collaborative post! But yes, we thought the incredibly embarrassing photos would be quite the added touch haha.

      And oh! I don't think many people have seen it at all! It's seriously such an AMAZING movie.

      Delete
  4. YOU GIRLS ARE SOOOOOO CUTE!
    like, the cutest.

    i love this so much! such an amazing idea :) just working on my post now and it will be up tomorrow! thanks for being so wonderful and thanks for nominating me!! :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And we think the same of you, without a doubt!!!!

      And you're very welcome, much deserved, we absolutely cannot wait to read them tomorrow!

      Delete
  5. Loved your answers, love you two and love your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a lot of love! We'll take it! Thanks so much for the compliments, sweet lady!

      Delete