June's Sunday: Nashville Flea Market + Picnic with Friends

Monday, February 24, 2014


This little peach did a little bit of picnic'ing and exploring! First came the exploring! Every third weekend the big Nashville Flea Market at the Tennessee State Fairgrounds takes place!  I've had really good luck over the last couple years finding little trinkets and vintage pieces, so I always go, I also always have my eyes open to adopt new taxidermy pieces for Collin and I's not-so-alive pet collection. (This is going to be a very photo-based post, let me know what you think!)


I actually completely forgot to take cash this time and basically none of the vendors have a way to take cards, so I did a lot of window shopping and people watching.  Which is just as fun to me because some interesting characters come to the flea market!  One day, a few of these envy inducing Pyrex pieces and vintage glasses will come home with me, but not this time! 
So many cowboy boots! They're at almost every booth... I mean it is Nashville!

I didn't stay at the flea market for long because by around, oh I dunno, the 5th person that said I "look like the girl from Criminal Minds" I was ready to go. Amelia knows.... that. phrase. is. my. kryptonite! Luckily, my new friends Kellie and her husband Clay from Bread+Brush Creative invited me over for a picnic and the weather was beautiful, so of course I had to go!  I snapped a few more photos before leaving the flea market though!


I ran to the grocery store, grabbed some watermelon, threw it in a pyrex and headed over to Kellie and Clay's to get my picnic on!  Tennessee's weather is totally unpredictable, so if you get a chance in February to pretend it's summer for a day... you take it!


Some of their other friends came over + some of my other new favorite people showed up, and I got to hang out with them.  Below is Jennifer, my favorite professional baker, and one of the only ladies I've ever met who looks AMAZING in overalls... and all the rest of the time.  She works with Collin in the kitchen at Barista Parlor here in Nashville and makes cookies and macaroons that are something to write home about. Talented lady, this one.


What did you do this weekend? Did you luck into good weather?
Also, what do you think of the mostly photo post?

19 comments:

  1. ah, you are the cutest! i adore your outfit here and your glasses! the flea market adventure looks wonderful, i love all of the pink dishes.

    lindsey louise

    hellomrrabbitblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thank you so much! It's always quite an adventure, even if it's only due to the people who are there haha.

      Delete
  2. Love the pink dishes too! I would so buy them hehehe... I am ready for a picnic but its 20 degrees here in New York :/ Guess I will be waiting a while lol!!!!!

    BeautyByJennafer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanted them all but bought non, I was so proud of myself! It sounds like you will! Move some furniture and get your inside picnic on! haha

      Delete
  3. Omg you look so cute, first of all. Secondly, I love this post! I always like seeing what people find at flea markets and such (usually because anything they find is always better than what I find, so I have to live vicariously)! I love all the pink pyrex and OMG THE PHONES I WANT.

    xox Sammi
    www.thesoubrettebrunette.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First: Thank you! Second: the flea market here is SO interesting! I wish you could come with me so we could pick weird things together! The vintage phone guy is totally weird and creepy, I literally RAN by the table to take the photo! haha

      Delete
  4. I have a pair of wonderfully beat up, vintage saddle shoes sitting in my closet right now, the memory of which is chiding me while reading this, along the lines of, "Hey! BUB! THIS is how you wear saddle shoes with an outfit!" That gingham + circle skirt + saddle set is killin' it! It was a gorgeous day to be at the flea, too bad about the majillion people trying to harsh your sartorial buzz with the Criminal Minds commentary. Ugh, whenever there is something like that that will get on your nerves, somebody (or five) WILL say it. Anyway, cute, cute outfit! And I also now want to plan/ go to a picnic. Beautiful weather, please come back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I literally never wear them, this is maybe the 5th or 6th time so it HAD to be documented via photo haha. Maybe we'll run into each other at the flea market sometime! Are you going to the little blogger lunch thing on Sunday?!

      Delete
  5. This sounds like the perfect day! I love flea markets. You never know what kinds of awesome things you will discover! Picnics are always great, too. I can't wait until it's warm enough here to have one! I love your outfit, by the way! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It was so weird because we had that picnic weather and today it was 30 degrees.... southern weather is so weird and unpredictable!

      Delete
  6. I really should find a flea market to go to soon! It's been a long time since I've checked one out.When my fiance and I find a house, I want to decorate it in as much 1950's style as possible! My parents have tons of antiques from that era in there house, and growing up I never appreciated it enough, but, I sure do now! And my dad is going to be driving me to my wedding in his 50's Cadillac! :)
    You look so adorable, as always! You and Amelia have the BEST outfits!!! Such amazing style.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so excited when I found this one! If you can't find one you could always lurk estate sales! ; ) I started out thinking that would be the decor scheme for our home... but our decor is so unique and random... I have NO idea what to call it! haha. I wish I had someone driving to my wedding in their 1950s ANYTHING so I could borrow it for photos without having to pay someone lol.

      And thank you so much ma'am!

      Delete
  7. This is the perfect picnic outfit! And I love how much volume your skirt has. You're so darling (: P.S. I nominated you gals for the Liebster Blog Award! There is no obligation to participate, but if you'd like you can check out my post on it (http://thelacunastitch.blogspot.com/2014/02/the-liebster-blog-award.html) and decide if you'd like to participate. I'd love to see your answers to my questions, as well as who you'd nominate (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Than you so much, I petticoat everything because I have an addiction! We JUST got nominated and posted a liebster award post! We are totally learning our lesson next time and waiting a bit so we can do everyone's questions in one post! Thank you SO much for the nomination, we are completely flattered!

      Delete
  8. oh.my.god! I'm SOOOO jealous of your flea markets!! Trust me when I say NB flea markets are NOT that amazing. I would've left with my car loaded and bursting!!

    I can't wait for picnic weather! Basically, I'm jealous of your entire weekend.

    xo Jana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha trust me, I would've a few times (not this time it was sort of meh) but I have to control myself! haha

      Delete
  9. That flea market looks flat out fantastic! I swooned long and hard over the table of vintage phones. Wow! Temptation would have run rampant for me if I was there! :)

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot my cash or mine might've gotten the better of me! haha. Usually actually it's a bit better so it was SLIGHTLY easier for my to control myself ; )

      Delete
  10. I bought my cowboy boots at the Nashville flea in the AG building and they are FANTASTIC. Already worn in and only $20. They also fit like a dream. I think it's the same seller you pictured. They were amazing.

    ReplyDelete