Crafternoon: Brooch DIY with Amelia

Thursday, February 6, 2014

I'm sure it comes as no surprise that we are two little ladies who love to craft! With my wedding right around the corner I am definitely always thinking of new crafts to take on.  This craft is something super easy, and in my opinion makes a great gift for a friend or loved one....or for yourself!

I'm going to show you how to create a super easy brooch using a puzzle piece, book pages, brooch pins and my holy grail craft item: Mod Podge. You'll also need a hot glue gun to glue the brooch pin the puzzle piece turned brooch! 

Step 1:  Gather your items.  It is not fun to go scrambling for what you need half-way through a craft!

Step 2:  Put a thin layer of Mod Podge on your puzzle piece.  This is so we can adhere the paper to the puzzle piece.  You can always keep your puzzle piece plain or even paint it! Whatever you do will look great as long as it represents yourself! I for one used a piece from a Harry Potter book!

Step 3:  Place the piece of paper over your puzzle piece.  Hold this still so it sticks really well.  After it's a little dry cut out around the design. This can be tedious, but you can do it ;).

 
Step 4:  After the puzzle piece is covered place a layer of Mod Podge over it to give it a nice coating and shine. My roughly finished project had a few edges and corners that weren't perfect, but those can more easily be fixed with a hot glue gun.

Step 5:  Heat that hot glue gun up!  This is the time to perfect your corners and attach the brooch pin.  I mean, it wouldn't be much of a brooch if it didn't have a pin, right?

Step 6: After the pin is attached applying more Mod Podge if desired.  You could also add paint or sparkles! 

Step 7:  Wear your adorable new DIY brooch! 
What are your favourite DIY's to make? 

4 comments:

  1. so creative!!!! what a great idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely idea sweet! I love to craft also and did SO much DIY for my wedding last year! I wish we lived closer for blogger craft nights! hehe! :)

    Lulu xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute diy, and I love your scarf! Did you make that too? ^___^

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a fun, easy to reproduce idea! It would be a great gift to give out at a game night to all your friends to thank them for coming.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete