Amelia's Everyday Make-Up Look

Saturday, February 22, 2014

I'd like to preface this post by saying that I am definitely not a make-up artist, cosmetologist or even someone who has worn make-up their entire life.  I grew up in a house where my sister and I were more concerned with playing Donkey Kong and backyard wrestling than lip-gloss and eyeshadow.

I have definitely grown to love make-up, and that's why I wanted to share my quick and easy pin-up inspired make-up.   This is my daily make-up, and I feel like it's appropriate for work (I mean..depending on where you work) and daily life, but it still has a clear retro feel.

This is a look that when practiced takes 10 minutes.  I don't know about y'all, but when I'm getting ready for work the last thing I have time for is putting make-up on.  I mean, I have coffee to drink!

The first thing I do is put on foundation.  I know people do different things in different orders, but I have acne so until that is covered up I am never really happy with my over all appearance. After that I apply a blush and highlighter too my cheeks.  Now comes the fun!  My natural brows have a nice shape so I color them in with Nyx brow powder because it's one of the few powders that actually has an auburn color!  Praise the red-head make-up gods!

Next I apply Urban Decay's Primer Potion in Sin to my lids. This saves me the time of applying a primer and a base colour, because Sin is a gorgeous color.  Next I apply Mugshot (middle color in the photo above) from the Naked 3 Palette to my crease and my outer lash line.  This color is great for my greens eyes and it's not too dark or harsh. After, I apply eyeliner and Benefit They're Real! Mascara.  Since I have horrible vision this is especially testing for me, and every day my winged eyeliner is a little different. ;)

Finally, my favourite part of getting ready is picking my lipstick for the day.  I will be the first to admit that I have a problem..a problem that I buy too much red lipstick! When I go shopping one of the first things I always do is look for a new red lipstick!  Since I am so pale with pink undertones I stick to true reds.  No orange or pink undertones here!  My favorite red lipsticks include Revlon's Matte Really Red, which is becoming more and more difficult to find, Lime Crime's Velvetine in Red Velvet, and Stila's Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick in fiery.  Lime Crime's Red Velvet is my all time favourite red, but I'm always on the hunt for something a little cheaper since I use so much red lipstick!


My make-up look is in no way perfect, but to me it is the perfect easy pin-up look.   By pairing a light eye and classic winged eyeliner with a red-lipstick a pin-up look is effortlessly created!

It's pretty clear that red lipstick is my go to make up look.
What is one make up item that you cannot live without?  


11 comments:

  1. i am mostly clueless about makeup because growing up with freckles made wearing/learning about cosmetics extremely difficult. everything was too heavy and i never felt comfortable in anything.

    i've only started learning in the last year how to put together my "go-to" look and that's mostly because my friend aubrey dragged me to sephora and the super nice lady there helped me out. anyway, that urban decay eye primer— holy batman it's amazing! i have it in eden and it brightens my eyes so much! the lady at sephora even taught me how to use it for my under eye circles and i cannot say enough good things about it!

    next time you come up to nashville you'll have to teach me about red lipsticks <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be my pleasure to teach you all about red lipstick! I'll turn you into snow white. <3

      xoxox

      Delete
  2. So pretty! I know zip about makeup, so I appreciate talent coming from anyone who can apply it (to other people and themselves haha)!

    xo jennifer

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haah Luckily, you're beautiful with and without make-up!

      Hope all is well.

      xoxo

      Delete
  3. Love this! Naked & Naked 3 are my fave palettes! Especially 3, as almost every shade has a pink-tint to it, and that's so perfect for green eyes! Also, I've been wondering about Benefit They're Real mascara, so this post helps me take the plunge on purchasing it, as well as the Lime Crime velvetines! :)

    xo Jana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Naked 3 so much! The plum and rose shades compliment my skin-tones(and yours!) so well!

      They're both so worth it!

      xoxo
      Amelia

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous daily makeup look, dear gal. It's quite akin to my own look, which over the years has come to rely heavily on pale eye shadows, black liquid liner, black mascara, and red (or less frequently dusty rose pink or burgundy) lipstick. It's so classic, easy to pair with almost any look, and embedded with the spirit of the past.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like a beautiful look! I always say I'm going to wear a dusty pink lipstick, but I never follow through!

      xoxo
      Amelia

      Delete
  5. I love all these products! And clearly they're working for you. And in case you're interested I find that pretty zombie cosmetics (.com) has a nice red liquid lipstick (dries matte) called zombettie and it's only $11.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What dress/top are you wearing? It's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you're looking for a reputable contextual ad company, I recommend that you take a peek at PropellerAds.

    ReplyDelete