Amelia's Anything But Traditional Valentine's Day

Monday, February 17, 2014

So when I say that my Valentine's Day was anything but traditional I am not exaggerating.  Two days prior to Valentine's day my little Georgia town was hit by another spree of crazy weather!  This time instead of snow we had ice, and with ice came down the trees and the power lines.


Luckily, my house wasn't hit by the massive tree in our front yard, but holy crap that's so scary!

Since my town, my work and my house were all without power my plans to make Michael a card and buy him candy were definitely thrown out the window. However this didn't stop me from dressing up and enjoying a lovely dinner.




For Michael and I this is our third Valentine's Day together, and our last before we are married. Our tradition every year is to go to our favourite tapas restaurant and eat so much food that we end up hating ourselves.  Words cannot describe how delicious Smoked Gouda Nachos are, but you can use your imagination. Michael also bought me a dress I had been eyeing for a while, and I bought him a WWE inspired flash print!  I definitely was not prepared to be without heat and power for a few days so this Valentine's Day was very different than our usual elaborate days.  However, it was almost fitting, because we spent our time together without electronic distractions.





To top off our eventful day the day ended with an EARTHQUAKE.  Seriously, an Earthquake??  Luckily, it did not rain frogs and there were no locusts to be seen.

The only thing traditional about my Valentine's day was my colour palette!  I stuck with traditional pinks and reds and my skirt even had roses!

How did you spend your Valentine's Day?  What is your favourite part of Valentine's Day? 

9 comments:

  1. Aww, that's scary about the storm and earthquake!! Glad the tree didn't fall on your house!!
    He bought you a gorgeous dress :) And the outfit you wore on Valetine's day is super cute, as usual.

    ~Bristol
    colourmebristol.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been eyeing that dress! So in love with it. Our Valentine's day was much less eventful than yours, as we were both sick and couch-ridden. I have big trees in front of my house as well, and that's a fear of mine. Ice is SO bad for falling trees. It's especially scary when it's not something you're used to dealing with! Glad everything turned out okay though!!

    xo Jana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mother nature can be so scary -- I'm glad everyone escaped unscathed!

    Aaaand that Lindy Bop dress has been on my wishlist as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you guys are safe! And its great that you guys were able to enjoy the day despite the crazy circumstances. Love the outfit! The skirt is gorgeous and that top is just darling. You look lovely :)

    Amber Jade
    Fairytales and Following Trails
    http://fairytalesandfollowingtrails.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an eventful Valentines day! I'm glad you guys are safe. My hubby and I spent our V-Day enjoying cupcakes while watching house of cards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, what a harrowing Valentine's Day! I'm very sorry that you had to ensure so much of mother nature's wrath in one day, dear gal. The wind was nuts here on Sunday night, completely with a little bit of a sandstorm (which is really rare for our area as it's sheltered by tall mountains), but that's nothing compared to what you guys faced. Thank goodness that no one was hurt!

    I adore the dress that your honey gave you. May I ask, where it from? It's stolen my heart, too! :)

    Big hugs,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  7. For Valentines Day i was stuck in my apartment with four other dudes (including my boyfriend) because their was a winter storm going on and it was impossible to drive, so we were all stranded. We all made the best of it by getting drunk and sledding :) And we made signs to protest the NSA...but that's a different story!
    I love that dress, I'm yet to find out what my gift was due to delayed mail from the storm haha!
    <3 Dominique (@domneekies on instagram!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Where is that beautiful dress from?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! I'm glad you're ok and that your house is as well!

    ReplyDelete