Wedding Bells:
Collin + June's Proposal, For the Girl Who Waited

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

"FOR THE GIRL WHO WAITED..."


So, my spider senses had been tingling around the time of my proposal. Collin used to book shows/tour in a band and hadn't done either in a long time but out of no where, he decided to book a show.  He said it was his "Goodbye Show" because he moved to Nashville but neither of us had lived in Augusta, our hometown, in years so it seemed a little weird... Michael (Amelia's fiancee) knew, but Amelia and I had no idea: me because I was the proposee and Amelia because she is a terrible secret keeper (as am I).  Here is a little bit about that day.  Collin + I were in town for the show, so of course the majority of our time was spent with our favorite people: Amelia + Michael.  We started out the day with coffee and planning for our future trip  to Universal Studios (which later actually happened and can be seen here.)


We wandered around grabbed coffee, made our way to a favorite restaurant  and here is the really ironic part: the pearl had fallen out of Amelia's engagement ring, so we ended up in a jewelry shop to get it repaired (Collin already had my ring) so we're walking around looking at engagement rings and then we bought ourselves these beautiful ring pops, which we modeled, unknowinglyThis is some Alanis Morrisette type irony.

We went record shopping after this, but for the length of the post lets fast forward to the good part! Collin plays an entire set (a lot of the songs about me, our break up 7 years ago, etc. but the songs tug at my heart strings and are incredibly sweet.) Then he ends the set with our song: Spitalfield - I Love the Way She Says L.A.  Towards the middle of the song, the room full of friends+family started shifting and by the end of the song, I realized there was a little circle with only Collin and I inside. I wish I could say I knew what was going on at this point, but I honestly didn't... I just thought he was being sweet.  He got to "our part" in the song which is a line that says "and now you've got me thinking, and I really think it's true, the sun shines sometimes just for you" (he wrote it to me in a note in college to ask me on our first date, such a hopeless romantic) and he  ended the song early, flipped over his guitar and in lime green duck tape on the back were the words "Manda, will you marry me?" (he'd done this to me at a show years ago as a joke, more irony) and out of his pocket came a TARDIS shaped ring box and inside it said "For the girl who waited..." (it took us 7 years of missed romance mishaps to get back together, so it was appropriate. In addition, Hello Amy Pond reference) and had my beautiful 40s estate ring! I. D-I-E-D.


I couldn't be happier about the people that were there to share this with us, how lucky we are that room full of amazing people captured this for us in photos and on video and for my incredibly sweet and thoughtful fiancee who organized an entire show and thought up every detail; I couldn't have dreamed up something better.

Amelia and I were so excited to share these stories with y'all, we felt it appropriate since Amelia's wedding is coming up in March and mine in September. Amelia will be sharing her amazing Wizarding World of Harry Potter proposal in our next post. Say hello to the start of  wedding spam! We promise we won't overdo it!

Tell us about your proposal! Did you see it coming?
Or, dream proposals, anyone? We'd love to hear!

26 comments:

  1. How sweet! My now hubby proposed at strawberry fields in central park when we were on holiday in new york! Onlookers started clapping and cheering! I cried! Can't wait to read all about both your weddings! (I got married in las vegas!) X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh!!!! That's so amazing, I bet that was so picturesque! I cried BEFORE he ever proposed because the songs make me cry. I had already stopped by the time the ring came out! haha. We seriously can't wait to share Katie's proposal Thursday and our weddings once they're over and we can look back on them stress free! haha

      Delete
  2. This is the sweetest proposal ever!! He seems totally worth the 7 year wait. I've already said it, but HUGE CONGRATS!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was the sweetest and he went from the one that got away to the one that has to deal with me foreverrrr! hahaha. Thank you sweet lady!!! I'm not going to lie though, can't wait for wedding planing to be over and I still have until September!

      Delete
  3. my now husband (we were married in August 2013) used our pooch, Rolo the Wonderpup to help in the proposal. Andy made wrapping paper out pictures of him in a photobooth with different signs spelling out 'will you marry me?' and wrapped the ring box in them, he then attached to them Rolo's collar- I actually was getting annoyed because he was taking his time to get her ready for her evening walk when he then said 'hey I think Rolo has something on her collar' so I grunt and hope it isn't barf or cat poop or something, when it was actually a ring :) we had our proposal story featured in a local wedding magazine last year :) Our wedding day was a fun day full of star wars references, cats, and our pooch walked me down the aisle. best day ever :) I also had a custom made Dolly Couture gown, that I demand to be buried in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How incredibly sweet is that!!!! And I actually have an appointment with one of their boutiques here in Nashville to try a few dresses on! I think I might just slightly alter one of their regular dresses, but I've also been browsing Whirling Turban and BooBoo Kitty Couture's Bespoke Collection, so who knows what I'll end up with!

      Delete
  4. My hubbs proposed in 2010 in front of all our friends and family, who were there under the disguise of my surprise birthday party. We always had the rule that he was not allowed to propose on my birthday- so I never saw it coming. After blowing out the candle on my birthday cupcake and before I could take a bite, he said close your eyes if you want your present. So I did. My only thought was I'll kill him if he shoves this cupcake in my face. When I opened my eyes, he was down on one knee. I was so surprised I dropped that damn cupcake slap on the floor. It was perfect- except I forgot to say yes because I was too busy asking how he could afford the ring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaha oh my god I bet that was priceless, I would have been so surprised (but after all the pandemonium... I probably also would've been sad about the cupcake ;) ! I kept trying to figure out why Collin was so persistent about both our families being at that show, but I figured out why! lol.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Agreed, he did a marvelous job, it really was too cute! <333

      Delete
  6. this is the cutest proposal ever!!!!!

    actually there was no proposal ... we talked about getting married several times ... even to make living here in germany easier for my american now husband ... when we started planning to visit his family in the us ... we suddenly started planning our wedding there, too ... doesn't sound too romantic - but it was, because he is the best thing that ever happened to me. it was the tiniest wedding ever but it was full with love ... this was in past june.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was totally amazing!

      And I think that is plenty romantic, romance is what you make it! I think a lot of people that are really over the top about things end up more stressed than necessary and a little unhappy when it's all over. haha

      Delete
  7. I'm dying over that ring box. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW! He had watched JUUUUUST enough of the Doctor to know I would completely die over this.
      xoxo

      Delete
  8. Beautiful story! Makes a nerdy girl's heart go all a flutter :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trust me, it made this nerdy girl's heart almost jump out of her chest haha ;)

      Delete
  9. sooooo exciting!!!! congratulations, girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ma'am! It really was exciting! Now I'm ready to fast forward through the planning and marry him already! haha

      Delete
  10. Congratulations! My husband went to get some tattoo work done one saturday and came home to tell me he had gotten a different tattoo at which point I thought 'fuck he's got my name tattooed on him, what a dickhead' but instead he pulled down his bottom lip to reveal the words 'marry me?' I was incredibly surprised and am still glad to this day that it wasn't my name!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha oh my god, that's absolutely amazing! How sweet!!!!

      FUN STORY: I had an EX (and when I say ex, we were broken up at the time) get my name AND portrait tattooed on him....I was horrified. It's still there. Except he had a beard added to my face when I told him it was the dumbest idea ever. Ridiculous.

      Delete
  11. Adorable! Love love love it! Congratulations! Love the ring box! hehehe so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you ma'am! I love the ring box as well, I may even reuse it for the wedding somehow! : )

      Delete
  12. Oh my goodness, this actually made me tear up just reading about it. A Tardis ring box for heaven's sake! I think I would have lost my mind lol.
    Congratulations! I know this post is a couple of weeks old now but I only just saw it and its special enough to deserve a belated comment :)

    Amber Jade
    Fairytales and Following Trails
    http://fairytalesandfollowingtrails.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an amazing proposal story!!! I loved it! And that ring! and in a tardis?!!?!?!

    ReplyDelete