Wedding Bells:
Amelia and Michael's Very Potter Proposal

Thursday, January 23, 2014

"You are protected, in short, by your ability to love"

I don't know if people truly realize how much I love Harry Potter, but I'd just like to preface this by saying that Harry Potter has defined me as a person for 14 years now. I have Harry Potter tattoos, a wand collection and season passes to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter.

So, I'll go ahead and admit that I am an extremely gullible lady. Michael and I had planned a trip to go to Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios in Orlando or at least that is what I thought!  

So, our day started pretty normal.  We went to the theme park and rode the main Harry Potter ride, the Forbidden Journey.  After that Michael suggested we go to Ollivanders.  Now, I didn't want to go to Ollivanders, because I've gone a few times and I NEVER GET PICKED.  So I hesitated and decided that sure we could do it.  I'm so glad that I didn't go with the idea, and ruin Michael's plan. 


As usual, I don't get picked for the "experience" of the wand choosing me, but afterwards Michael suggested that I take a picture with Ollivander. This is when he got down on one knee, and anxiously asked me to marry him and put the most beautiful pearl ring on my finger!  I have been telling Michael since we started dating that if he didn't propose to me with a pearl ring I'd say "no". So I was extremely happy that he had picked out perfect ring...just a few sizes to big at first.

What I thought would just be a fun time riding roller-coasters, and drinking butterbeer turned into the most eventful vacation that I've ever had. I still can't believe that I'm lucky enough to be marrying my best friend...besides June. ha 

So, on October 20, 2012 I had a "Very Potter Proposal" in Hogsmeade, and I couldn't picture anything better!  For two Harry Potter nerds this was the ultimate proposal, and for me it was a complete dream come true!  Michael and I love Harry Potter so much that we are having a Harry Potter Wedding coming soon! 



Here is a video of Michael proposing...I muted the sound, because I sounded like a crazed hyena crying non-stop, but for a room with no lighting I think it's pretty decent, and to hear me talk about my proposal click here.
What would your dream proposal be? 

11 comments:

  1. LOVE this proposal! I'm also a huge HP fan... although maybe not as huge as you are ;) And that ring is gorgeous. I also want a pearl. They're so classic. Can't wait to see/hear about the wedding!!

    xo Jana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pearl's are the best! I couldn't have asked for a better ring!

      I hope it's as amazing as I plan!

      xox
      Amelia

      Delete
  2. so awesome!!!! watched your video :) so cute

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Lovelies! Just a head's up, I don't think your first video (the link) of the proposal is working - or perhaps at least not for this Aussie! Secondly I watched your video and you are so adorable! It was hilarious for me to hear that accent, it's not something I hear everyday! So cute. Also, you swear so much and that also made me laugh. It's one thing reading posts and seeing your instagram, but I think youtube really lets people see the 'real' person in a sense? And gosh, you are just super cute and funny. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I've fixed it now! Thanks for the heads up. <3 ahhh Thank you! I'm thinking about making more videos soon, because I totally agree with you. Videos definitely give a better sense of who I am!!

      xox
      Amelia

      Delete
  4. So thoughtful and sweet! I love your story and your ring sounds beautiful. How about a pic of it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you darling! you can see it on my wand in the picture, but I'll try and find a better picture of it!

      xox
      Amelia

      Delete
  5. Girl flaunt that ring!! I wanna see pictures!! - My perfect proposal would be one of those where they have my family and friends singing a song and stuff, there's tons of youtube videos, and it might sound cliche, but hey... that's what I want.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww I loved seeing the photos on you IG and its wonderful to see it all in a blog post! Can't wait for the wedding dear!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was an amazing proposal also!! I definitely love the photos and want to see more

    ReplyDelete