Traveling Junebugs:
Junebugs Take Wizarding World, the WWOHP Edition

Sunday, January 12, 2014

These Junebugs are back from our trip to Florida/Universal Studios, which will now be referred to as Wizarding World (because that's the important part, right?!?!) and as promised, we're writing a little post about our travels!  This post was written by both of us, but you'll see little bold, parenthetical notations where we went back and inserted personalized comments by each of us about the trip. ; )


A couple days before our trip to Florida, June and her fiancée Collin came home to Augusta, Georgia to spend some time with family and so we could exchange Christmas gifts.  Our little group (Amelia + Michael & June + Collin) had been hoarding knick knacks for months.  The gift exchange included brooches + records + a comissioned painting (Amelia had a Doctor Who painting commissioned for me and I almost cried/died, but I wouldn't have regenerated... so I didn't. xoxo June) + candy + lots of stuff (June bought me the most amazing presents including a Buffy the Vampire Slayer action figure.  My nerd heart melted xo Amelia) because we overdid it and we're awful bloggers because we got too excited and forgot to take photos. HOWEVER, we did go on a sushi date afterward and we took some photos before that, it's quite obvious who was whose date.

 The next day we woke up S-O  E-A-R-L-Y at the urging of our fiancées, who enjoy watching us suffer (not really, but these Junebugs are not morning people) and started our 7 hour drive from the Peach State to the... Harry Potter State? (not what it's called?)  We also made an extra tourist-y stop at the Georgia/Florida line rest stop (aka the best rest area, because you can get free orange juice, duh. ha xo Amelia), where we were verbally accosted by a creepy dude shortly before capturing these very photos with the Florida sign.  We posted them on instagram and got very warm welcomes from many of you Floridians, thank you for those, we wish we could've seen some of you!


The rest of that day was spent in Downtown Disney, which was absolutely amazing.  We knew there was no way we could cram both parks into one visit, so this was an amazing way to experience a little bit of the Mouse (Not going to lie. The lack of Ariel merchandise made me sad. :( Amelia).  We watched Collin have kid-in-a-candy-store syndrome in the Vinylmation store, and then we wandered around and found a hot air balloon, and in lieu of taking a ride, we used it as a photo prop. WHICH WORKED JUST AS WELL BECAUSE WE'RE IN LOVE WITH THESE PHOTOS.

Our first day in the park was spent exploring WWOHP (it was my first time and I might've cried a little because I'm obsessed  xoxo June).  Of course we spent some time in Honeydukes, because what wizard wouldn't? (Honeydukes is always one of my main stops in Hogsmeeade. My sweet tooth lures me in xo Amelia) And Amelia bought June her very first Butterbeer. (I think I'm disgracing the true butterbeer connoisseurs by saying this, but I preferred the frozen over the iced. xoxo June).
The next day consisted entirely of Universal Studios, where we lucked into phenomenal weather and at some point our quest became eating a giant donut (clap clap clapclapclap xo Amelia) because Michael made it his goal of the day, which therefore meant it was also Collin's goal of the day.

We stopped by Mel's Drive-In as soon as we got to the park to explore and snap some photos, look at those dapper dudes (Collin was very un-stoked that he was the designated fanny pack caretaker.) 



Of course we rode everything once (my favorite rides overall were The Mummy and The Forbidden Journey xoxo June), the lines weren't anywhere near as bad as we were told they'd be.  We made a friend that put us in the express line twice in a row for Spiderman (as a Marvel nerd Spiderman is one of my favourite rides especially with all of Stan Lee's cameos xo Amelia) and another that showed us the secret playlist on Rip, Ride and Rocket who did the same thing and that was pretty amazing (who doesn't want to ride a crazy roller coaster twice in a row while secretly listening to Modest Mouse?!? xoxo June).  Also, we ran into Miss Monroe and she asked us to take photos with her, so maybe we should move to Florida and dress up and randomly wander around theme parks for tips.


Our last day in the park was spent making our rounds and visiting Wizarding World again so we could get a final Butterbeer and grab some last minute souvenirs.  Our last act of vacation-ing was stopping at a record store, Park Avenue, on our way out of Florida.

 These Junebugs (and fiancées) had an absolutely phenomenal trip and we can't wait for the next one together.  Remember Amelia winning that Snapshot to Studio Contest for Modcloth?!? Well, in a few weeks, she'll be taking off to California to takeover Modcloth, so look out for that as our next Traveling Junebugs post! How exciting!

Anyone planning any trips soon?  Did we forget to go anywhere? 
Any suggestions for our next trip? Let us know!

19 comments:

  1. Y'all are so cute! Thanks for renewing my love for my home state. Love the photos in Downtown Disney!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, thank you ma'am! We loved it too, the weather was AMAZING, I (June) went back home to snow! And Downtown Disney was amazing, I'd never been! I wish it had been a little less crowded but I don't know if that's even a possibility! haha

      Delete
  2. I've never been to Disney or the WWOHP but am dying to go! This little gem of a post was definitely a vicarious travelling experience! What a fun vacation and what cute outfits you both wore!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't been to Disney since I was liiiike 7 or so, and this was my first trip to Universal, so worthwhile! And thank you so much, theme parks won't keep us from petticoats and puffy dresses! haha

      Delete
  3. I'm so envious of these photos! WWOHP!! That Diner!! The hot air balloon in the background!! It sounds like that trip was perfection!! :)

    Jana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were lucky that all of the activities we wanted to do also resulted in amazing photos! I can definitely say it was a perfect vacation!

      xo
      Amelia

      Delete
    2. We also got photobombed about a million times by some random dude walking by while we were trying to take the hot air balloon photos... he's an honorary member of our vacation. hahaha

      Delete
  4. Park Ave is pretty great, but if you're ever down here and in the market for some vintage records, my favorite antique shop right up the road, (Orange tree antique mall), has a huge secret room full of them. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds amazing! I go to Universal Studios fairly frequently so next trip down I'll make a stop by!

      xo
      Amelia

      Delete
  5. Ahh so lovely. That Mel's Diner is the PERFECT backdrop for you two. And you four are probably the cutest couple of couples in the world. I'm so excited because I'm heading to Disney World in like, a week and I can't wait to take photos (though I'm not going to Universal). :)

    xox Sammi
    www.thesoubrettebrunette.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? We wanted to stay at Mel's Diner forever and just take pictures. ha Thank you so much! Ahh that's amazing! Take lots of pictures. I'm totally jealous, because I haven't gone to Disney since I was like 7.

      xo
      Amelia

      Delete
    2. I haven't been to Disney since I was 7... and we are going for our honeymoon so you'll have to tell me if it's amazing!!!!! I can't wait to see your photos! I hope it's as amazing as I remember or I'm going to be a sad little newlywed haha.

      Delete
  6. This is just the cutest blog! I love your outfits girls and boy, that trip looks like it was fun!

    - Gina
    Margarita Bloom: Retro Beauty & Skincare
    http://margaritabloom-glamourville.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you! And it was so much fun! I seriously can't wait until the next one!

      Delete
  7. You girls are just too cute! New follower here and I'm so in love with your blog!!

    xo
    Amy
    http://artoftheheartblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome, Amy! We're always excited to have new readers, especially sweet ones. Thank you for the compliments, we hope we can keep your interest ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. YAYAYA I've finally found your blog?!!? where the heck have I been?? follow you both on instagram and didn't know you shared a blog too freakin awesome! my fav ladies together.

    Looks like you had an amazing time!! i love orlando so so much!!

    fabulous style as always girls xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! Well I'm just glad to know we aren't annoying everyone on Instagram, I feel like we blow it up about the blog! haha. But, I'm so glad you found us! We've only been blogging for about a month, so that could also be it.

      And yes, it was so much fun, I'm glad Amelia put it all together!

      Thank, sweet lady. Amazing compliment coming from someone who has fabulous style herself.

      xoxo

      Delete
  10. New follower here and I'm LOVING the blog (obviously since I'm reading a 4-month old post). I'm an Orlando gal, so if you need any good tips for record shopping and good places to eat, let me know. Also, I'm a Disney annual pass holder and go practically every week, so if you want some great honeymoon Disney advice, I'm your gal! PS- Its just as amazing as you remembered it. And if you're going in September/ early October, then you're in luck because that's typically the slowest time for the parks!

    ReplyDelete