Traveling Junebugs: From Coast to Coast

Monday, January 27, 2014

This edition of Traveling Junebugs sadly doesn't feature both Junebugs!

As many of you know I won Modcloth's Snapshot-To-Studio contest, and last week I flew out to Los Angeles to have a photoshoot!
Many of you have asked me about this fun time on my Instagram so I thought I'd share a little about my trip!

I flew from my hometown in Augusta last Tuesday and 7 hours later landed in sunny California.  After settling into my hotel I went to sleep, because I had to be up at 3:30 a.m. the next day. SO EARLY.  This day I didn't have a shoot, but instead I got to see what all went into making a photoshoot successful, and let me say, there is a lot that goes into the final product! It was nice seeing everything, and it made me a little less anxious about my shoot!

That night I went to dinner with two lovely ladies who work at Modcloth, Helena and Kelly.  I had followed both of the gals on Instagram for a while, and it was incredible to get to see them face to face!
Thursday was my big day!  It luckily started a little later around 8 a.m!  First thing that I did was get my hair and make-up done. My make-up and hair for the first half were very vintage inspired!  Beautiful waves and red lips! If only I could make myself look like this every morning!  Next, I sorted through beautiful clothes racks to find pieces that exemplified my style!  This was so fun for me, because it was like shopping through someone else's amazing closet!

After getting my hair and make-up done I began my shoot!  Everyone was extremely sweet and reassuring, and it made me feel so lucky and comfortable.

The biggest surprise of the trip was when I got to meet a very familiar face!  I met Susan Koger the Co-Founder of Modcloth, and someone who has always been an inspiration to me!  I can honestly say I held back tears, and my excitement as to not scare her!

Behind the scenes of my first outfit! 
The shoot seemed to fly by! Although, I definitely don't consider myself a model being pampered and having all eyes on me definitely made me feel like a model!

I don't want to spoil any of the final material that Modcloth decides to use, but I wanted to share some behind the scenes pictures with you! In total, I modeled 5 different looks so this just gives you a sneak peak into two of those looks, both of which are available on Modcloth's website!

For more pictures and information make sure to check out my Instagram, and keep an eye out for me on Modcloth's page!


I can honestly say this was a dream come true for me!
What would your dream trip be? 

Outfits worn in this post can be seen below:

14 comments:

  1. Awh, I am SO excited for you Amelia! You are absolutely deserving and I am so happy you got this incredible experience. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It was an incredible experience!

      xox
      Amelia

      Delete
  2. AHHHH! can't wait to see the final product :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll keep everyone updated! I'm so excited!

      xox
      Amelia

      Delete
  3. I'm soooo happy for you! That is amazing and I can't wait to see the final image. This looks like you had so much fun. Congrats!
    xoxo
    Taylor
    http://www.nothingbutapigeon.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It was a total blast!

      xox
      Amelia

      Delete
  4. So fun! It was so nice to meet you last week :)

    xo Jennifer

    http://seekingstyleblog@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was amazing meeting you! You're fantastic!

      xox

      Delete
  5. This looked like an incredible experience! One that you will remember for your whole life!

    I'm excited to see the final photos! xx

    TLD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was truly a one of a kind experience!!

      xox
      Amelia

      Delete
  6. How fun! I am beyond jealous and can not wait to see how the final photos turn out. Just from the sneak peak photos you can tell they will turn out beautifully. This would probably be my dream trip as well :]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll keep everyone up to date when I see any official pictures! Thank you so much <3

      xox
      Amelia

      Delete
  7. Eeeee!!! How fabulous! You win is definitely well-deserved! I'm so looking forward to seeing the final results. Yay for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was SO happy when you said you won the contest via Instagram darling! It looks like you had such a fun day and I'm a teeny bit jealous! I can't wait to see the rest of the photo shoot :)

    Lulu xx

    ReplyDelete