Things We Love #2

Thursday, January 2, 2014

I hope everyone's new year has started off amazing!  We just got back from our wonderful vacation to Florida, and now it is time to showcase our second official Things We Love Thursday!
1. Sylvia Plath: Drawings: Most people know that we are both huge literature nerds! I've been reading Sylvia Plath since I was in high school, and my love for Sylvia has never faltered.  This new book compiles many of Sylvia Plath's illustrations into one novel!  A perfect book for any Plath fan.

2. Care to Dance? Wedge in Goldenrod: Mustard yellow is my go-to colour for fashion accessories, and these shoes are no exception.  They can be found on Modcloth or on B.A.I.T. Footwear's homepage.  Not only are these shoes cute and comfortable, but they're also 100% vegan since they're faux patent leather.

3. Sand and Sea Salt Shaker Set: As someone who loves kitschy kitchen items this is one salt and pepper shaker that's sure to make a statement.

4. Primed for Takeoff: I love spoiling myself with nice make-up, and this Benefit Cosmetics set has everything I need to get a wonderful glow!

5. Printed Chain Mini Bag: This bag is extremely pricey, which is the reason I don't have it in all shapes and sizes.  The beetle print is something I love because it's not too creepy or too cartoony; it's just right!

6. Trashy Diva Gathered Skirt:  Fate has determined that I truly need this skirt.  My wedding dress is also made by Trashy Diva, and since I'm going to New Orleans for my honeymoon, it just seems too fitting to wear this 1950's French Quarter print skirt.

7. Chic Silhoutte Pin in Flare: Every time I go to buy this pin it's sold out, however right now there are a few left in stock!  This pin is a favourite for a few reasons, but they all revolve around Miss Modern June Cleaver.  The flare of the skirt reminds me of Amanda and my love for circle skirts, and the map print reflects the distance between the two of us.

8. Legend of Zelda Collector's Edition Strategy Guide Box Set:  I've been a Legend of Zelda fan since I first saved Hyrule while playing Ocarina of Time.  This love has continued over years and years of playing this series of games, and although I usually don't rely on strategy guides this set is too beautiful not to want!

What are some of the things you love? 

7 comments:

  1. Where do I find the french quarter skirt in sz 6?! Trashy diva doesn't have it :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. No luck on eBay :( hopefully they will restock! Love your guys' s blog btw :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Something that I have always loved is the simple pattern of polka dots. The only problem is that there is polka good and polka bad. I see many people wearing polka bad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that sylvia plath drawings book looks amazing— i'm a huge fan, too so i definitely want to get my paws on a copy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had the chance to browse through it, and it's truly fascinating! It's always nice to find another Sylvia fan! <3

      Delete