O-Blog-A-Tory: Getting to Know Us Post

Wednesday, December 18, 2013


Hi there, my name is Amanda, but a lot of people have started calling me June thanks to my social media monicker, Modern June Cleaver; I'll respond to either! I'm one half of the bottle redhead dream team that writes this blog, and we’re glad you ended up here!

I’m a twenty-something Georgia peach currently living in East Nashville, Tennessee with my husband, Collin, our cat, Lady Thackery Binx and a house full of critters who aren’t so alive - we're avid curiosity collectors.

My style is more akin to Betty Draper than Bettie Page (but one thing we can all agree on is that red lipstick goes with everything!) I’m a mid-century fashion enthusiast with an addiction to cateye specs.  On any given weekend, you can find me buried in a book (or case briefs) or with Collin at a flea market, antique store or ‘sploring (as we like to call it.) I’m legal assistant at a law office in downtown Nashville, and a full time, fourth year law school student; my perpetual state is scatter-brained.

If a girl on a Nashville sidewalk trying to simultaneously walk and read a book runs directly into you, that’s probably me: hopeless bookworm + shameless nerd: I'm never too busy to fangirl over who "YOUR Doctor" is (mine's 10 or 11, depending on the day) or to show you my Harry Potter tattoos. I’m excited to start sharing bits of my life with you; it’s nice to meet you!



Oh hi, my name is Katie Amelia, but you can call me Amelia.

I’m a twenty-something mid-century maven playing white collar PR professional by day and housewife by night to my husband, Michael and mother to my sweet kittens Beyonce and Ziggy.  I’m a born and bred Georgia peach, but don’t mistake me for a Southern belle.

I’ve been a bottle redhead since 15, because all of my inspirations have red hair.  If Lucille Ball and Jane Jetson merged into one person I think that would be me.  I’m a public relations professional for a legal directory, which is great because Amanda and I can talk legal lingo.  I spend my free time reading, watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer, crafting and thrifting.  If I was a Barbie doll I’d come with a coffee cup, red lipstick and a book as my accessories, because those are three things I can't live without.  Not to mention my glasses, which are permanently attached to my face.

So, although I’m not from Gallifrey, I never received my Hogwarts letter, I’m not the savior of Hyryle and I’ve never been to Mordor - I’m still a huge nerd and that doesn’t even mention my crush on Han Solo.


// You can also watch a brief Q + A video about us, here.

xoxo
Amanda + Katie
(Modern June Cleaver + Amelia Jetson)
Junebugs and Georgia Peaches
Junebugs and Georgia Peaches

26 comments:

  1. Ah, glad you turned the comments on! I just wanted to say that I'm so glad you two decided to start a blog -- it's about time! :) I so enjoy both of your Instagram accounts, and I'm excited to see your future posts here! And it's so nice to get to know a little more about both of you! Hooray!

    xoxo Sammi
    www.thesoubrettebrunette.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're so flattered that you're interested in our quirkiness! haha We have been toying around with the idea of blogging for a while, so we're glad people are interested! We're excited to share a little more and have a more open forum to nerd out with people in! <3

      Delete
  2. Can't wait! Lots of thrifting/antiquing posts! And don't be shy with the wedding ones either!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OHHHH we can't wait to share our thrift/vintage/antique hauls with everyone! Katie gets married in March and I get married in September so don't you worry, I'm sure there will be plenty!

      Delete
  3. Can't wait to read your blog as I love your instagram accounts.
    Nirvana Crane xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We can't wait for you to read it! And we really hope you like it and fit it equally, if not more, interesting. <3333 So glad you stopped by!

      Delete
  4. Hi there! I'm so glad you two decided to write a blog! I already added you to my list. I know it's going to be a fantastic read. I loved reading this entry! You both have such GREAT retro style; I'm a truly a fan of both of your styles.

    ~Bristol
    colourmebristol.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is extremely flattering! We can't wait for people to see our similarities and differences and quirks, etc. We were a little hesitant about blogging because it cant be time consuming and we both stay so busy, but we couldn't help ourselves!

      Delete
  5. I really enjoy following both of your lives on Instagram, and look forward to reading more about your kitschy, retro adventures in this blog! I've recently been trying to spruce up my own vintage-inspired style and just began navigating the wonderful world of Modcloth, and both of you have such adorable tastes and have been fantastic style inspirations! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! Thank you so much sweet, anonymous person, we are completely flattered! And if you ever need vintage or vintage-inspired style tips, let us know! We can probably give you a laundry-list of places to choose from. <333

      Delete
  6. Congrats on starting a blog you two! Exciting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, thank you sweet lady! We are quite excited! We hope we can keep people coming by!

      Delete
  7. I've been following you two on Instagram for ages and I adored your frocks and I am absolutely glad you finally made a blog because I just can't get enough of you two! I'm so excited for the future of this blog and what things you'll begin to post about. I just thought I'd share that with you both :) Keep at it ladies!

    From Blue
    http://thelittlequirks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much, sweet lady! We are absolutely flattered that you followed us over here and thank you for the compliments! We are thoroughly enjoying hearing from people we don't get to talk to often, I think it's going to be one of the best things about blogging!

      Delete
  8. I'll be keeping an eye on that blog because I love and admire your styles. I've been following Amanda in the Modcloth style gallery for 2 or 3 weeks now and she looks stunning in absolutely ALL her photos!!!
    Kisses from France.
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer,
      Thank you so much for the compliments! I actually get a little lazy and forget about the Style Gallery sometimes so I'm always flattered when someone mentions finding us that way! We offer a few different ways to subscribe so you don't forget about us ; ) So glad you found us!

      Delete
  9. Hello ladies! I'm really enjoying your blog so far :):) I follow both 0f your instagram accounts and absolutely adore your styles!! It's great to hear more about you. I'm thinking about starting my own blog...quite scary as I don't really know where to begin!

    I'm looking forward to more of your posts :)
    Jen x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jen!

      Thank you so much for all the sweet words! We're still pretty new at the whole "blogging thing" as well so it's always nice to hear people enjoy what we're doing here

      I say if you're considering it, go for it!

      xoxo

      Delete
  10. Just started following your blog! Can't wait to stalk away!
    Www.thatgirlinthewheelchair.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH! Hello, new reader! So stoked that you found us! We can't wait for you to stalk us? Is that creepy? haha, I just started following you, I LIVE IN EAST NASHVILLE AS WELL! How exciting! Maybe we'll run into each other some time!

      Delete
  11. Flat out, I'm in love with you both. I walked away from my retro lifestyle when I moved across the country because... well I no longer had a support system/friends with common interests. I felt alone. Finally, I'm finding people around the country who love the past just as much as I do, and I am finally getting myself back to a happy, pre-1960's state. THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've just started following you. I actually came across you first on Instagram. I've always thought I was born in the wrong time period! It's finally nice to find other people who love the retro styles as much as I do. I had never been comfortable enough to dress in retro style until now, I used to be picked on quite a bit for being 'weird'. Now I just don't care, I only dress to please myself not anyone else. Thanks Ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  13. hello Ladies!! Ive just started following you on Instagram, you both look amazing! Im a bottle red hair too (used to be natural) and in love with vintage and retro! Im from Poland but been in UK for 8years now and after years of not fitting in with the love for vintage I finally found myself! Im 30 and been dressing and wearing hair&makeup vintage style for two years now and never felt better! meeting more and more people who share the love for retro and vintage is amazing :) thanks for brightening my day :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for sharing your fun and quirkiness with the world June and Amelia! I've been "vintage" since I first saw swing dancing at Disneyland way back when about 20 years ago... and am a fellow bottle-red-head too! Love the fun that both add to my days. Keep it up ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Im glad I came across your site. I love your style!

    ReplyDelete